Friday, June 1, 2012

Getting My Feet Wet Again....

Hello! It has been an adventure these past couple of months with my recently added new addition to the family. But now that baby boy is going 3 months, it was about time to get my feet wet again.

So, do we all remember that kit that I had asked for some photo ideas for the LO? Well I wanted to complete the LO BEFORE I had the baby, but things didn't work out that way. So three months later, I finally was able to get all my ducks in a row to complete the LO. After the baby was born and during my recovery, it seemed that all my computers went to the crapper. So it took even longer for things to get done waiting on Dr. Hubby to attend to the ill fitted machines. But nonetheless, we are back up and running.

I'm excited for the things to come and delightful and relieved that these layouts came out the way they did. They could have used a little more attention... but after looking at it for so long, I just needed to finish it up.

The layouts are created using CBT Scraps' Patched Love Kit. You can find this and others at http://www.digiscrapdayz.com/shop/.


I found old pictures of my mom back when she was in girl scouts. My whole life I was told how much we look a like. So, I knew that I had some "like" photos of me in brownies. Thought they would look good in this "Like Mother, Like Daughter" LO I created using CBT Scraps Patched Love Kit.








As for my second LO, I found the best picture of my mom as an infant and my grandfather together. It was too sweet not to use with the same kit.


 Now that I got my creative juices flowing again, I'm so eager to get back into the swing of things.


Truly Scrappin,
Melanie


5 comments:

  1. Great page =)
    Jumped over from the blog post at scrapbook.com and are following your blog now

    Have a great weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the love... I was just in the middle of reading through your blog (too funny). Welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back :) And congratulations :) Love the pages.. the picture of your mother and then of you! That is so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new baby!! Your layouts turned out beautiful :D

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving me a message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I was quite jealous of your site LOL. However, I can take my jealous feelings and turn them into good with all the inspiration you had on there. (I even may clean up my studio a bit.. LOL)

    Likewise, for stopping and leaving some love for my page!

    ReplyDelete